Pages

Don’t Let Fear Hold You Back


I feel like a lot of my past decisions have been based on fear. Fear of change, fear of failure or fear of the unknown in general. This means that I end up sticking to comfortable things, like watching marathon sessions of Will and Grace or watching Youtube videos for hours on end. The results of these actions are predictable, safe and reliable. I know at the end of it I’ll have had a few chuckles and have invested only a small amount of energy into the activity.  In other words, low investment and low returns.

I think this is why I always put things off, why I haven’t invested myself into this blog and other aspects of my life like health – because being fearful and being lazy is the easier route. But taking the easier route doesn’t always lead to happiness. Taking a risk, making the leap, could lead to so much positivity that you haven't known or experienced before. That is why I want to work harder, to push through that barrier of fear, the unknown and putting in minimal effort and keep striving to do my best. As long as I am doing something, no matter how small, I know it is one step closer to reaching my goals. Just like when going for a run, it doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you keep going.

So my goal for this blog is to keep sharing at least once a week. I know I’ve said it before and I think that’s OK because I’m still here and I’m still trying to be better. I don’t know what will happen if I post more regularly. I don’t know if I will achieve anything in particular by investing more time into this space. But I hope that I will be able to learn a few things along the way and maybe give people some positive ideas and feelings. I hope to share as much as possible to help make life easier and happier for anyone who happens to read this.

This society we live in is so obsessed with technology, of the distractions it provides us. I really miss people looking up, making eye contact and reaching out. If only to acknowledge that you are not alone, that we’re all in this tram or this waiting room or this elevator together, that we all go through the same ups and downs of life. Instead we look down at our smart phone screens and avoid conversation. But maybe, once in a while, we should look up and smile at a stranger because we never know what we might find, and it could be beautiful. So I hope to make this reading behind our screens an advantage for me and put as much love into this website as I can. I love reading other blogs and I hope you enjoy reading mine too.

What, I wonder, is holding you back?

Thanks so much for reading,
Jen

PS. Thanks to Alex for the cutest soft toy ever! It reminds me that I should take more risks to find love :)

2 comments:

  1. I really adore this post, especially that last bit - you're so right, it's so easy to cling to fear, but we are all in it together, so maybe it'd be a bit easier if we were kinder to each other to get through it all :) Best of luck with your new goals, can't wait to see where your journey takes you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind and lovely words!! That is so sweet of you. I hope you reach your goals too :) :)

      Delete