Pages

Healthy Breakfast Series #3: Breakfast Salad



There are times when you eat at a restaurant and you think to yourself “I could totally make this at home.” That thought occurred to Ash and I while we were eating brunch one lovely Sunday morning so we set ourselves the challenge.

I prepped the salad with avocado while Ash made soft boiled eggs (his folded eggs are the absolute best), we finished it off with some toasted bread and delicate slices of smoked salmon.

For early mornings, I suggest making this salad the night before and boiling (or poaching if you have the skills) the eggs in the morning.


Recipe
Serves 2

Salad
2 handfuls of rocket leaves
1 Avocado, cut into small pieces
1 handful of cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste


Other
2-4 eggs, soft boiled (personal preference)
I small packet of smoked salmon
2-4 pieces of toast or fresh bread

1. Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss gently
2. Serve with soft boiled eggs on toast and smoked salmon on the side

I hope you enjoy this simple summery salad!
From Jen

2 comments:

  1. I always have that thought! I try not to order anything I could make at home..
    Meal looks delicious, I'd have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

    -not so secret admirer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Bel :) :) I know right! We need to have another cooking session. Yummy!! Or a cheese party ;)

      Delete