Pages

Healthy Breakfast Series #1: Avocado Smoothie


Long time no see blog! Although I haven't been posting much, for some reason the voice of this blog is always at the back of my mind, nagging me to get writing and pushing ideas at me left, right and centre. So with (yet another) long hiatus, I'm coming back at you with a new concept and series for the blog, my Healthy Breakfast Series! A small collection of delicious, quick, easy and good-for-you recipes that are perfect for busy weekday mornings and hectic weekends.

Our first stop, Avocado Smoothie Land. I've always been a big fan of the Vietnamese interpretation, grassy green with condensed milk and lashings of ice. This version is it's healthier, glowier cousin, without the added sugar. I feel kind of like the good chef in Good Chef Bad Chef. 

Easy to make, even easier to drink, you can make this smoothie and take it in a to go cup (I use my Starbucks Tumbler) as you head out the door. I hope you try out this simple recipe and let me know what you think!

Avocado Smoothie

1/2 large or 1 small avocado
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen mango
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup water
Honey, to taste (optional)

It's super simple, just blend all ingredients together in a blender and serve in your favourite glass or tumbler.

Thanks so much for reading,

Jen

2 comments:

  1. i love the idea of adding avocado but i'm always hesitant. definitely going to try this!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram // youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! Hope you enjoy it. The banana sweetens the whole smoothie so you won't even notice you're getting all the health benefits of avocado at the same time! :)

      Delete